Renovation – More than $5 million
Clayton on the Park at 8025 Bonhomme Ave. was considered by some an unnecessary luxury high-rise, but it was fully occupied within a year of completion in 2012 at top market rents. But by 2017, its owner, The Koman Group, realized it was in need of a renovation. Koman marketing manager Maggie St. Geme said the improvements, at a cost of $6 million, were comprehensive and included:
- Landscape design and public art on the ground level.
- New sidewalks and improved street lighting.
- Relocation of the third floor amenity space to add seven luxury apartment residences, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center and yoga studio.
- Redesign of the first floor common areas, including a new coffee and wine lounge and club and game room with a pool table, dart boards, and television.
- A new leasing office, private office suites and mail center with an automated package delivery system.
- Penthouse and rooftop lounge upgrades with new architectural finishes.
- New architectural lighting, casework, stone and porcelain flooring, and black back painted glass throughout the interior.
The 24-floor Clayton on the Park has 250,000 square feet of residential space and 8,000 square feet of retail space, with 213 units. The renovation was completed Nov. 1 with part-time construction workers.
About the project:
Owner/developer: The Koman Group
Project cost: $6 million
By Greg Edwards – Reporter, St. Louis Business Journal